My CPU cooler died

• I appreciate it, guys, but I'll probably stop at best buy tonight and pick up a cheap one.

• Evo 212 Pro is probably the best cheap cooler.

• @EvilPanda

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what they have

• Senior Server Admin

I have a spare Corsair close loop i think its the H80...

• At least it's just the CPU cooler and not your GPU like mine. :(

• @MAV

Mine is a corsair H100, it's under warranty since they do a five-year on all their hydro systems.

For now I disabled the mrs' computer and stole the stock intel cooler. Hopefully freerunner will come out this weekend with a spare cooler so we can have them both up and running for the sunday event.

• @Mr-Wonderful

Did your GPU asplode?

I use the corsair link program to keep an eye on my temps, and I have it set up to shut down if anything "goes critical".

• Member Relations NCO

@lettersnumbers

No, it just pooped out. My temps are never an issue.

• -LnT-

Temps arent an issue for me at all, the system runs so cool that the GPU fans never turn on unless I turn them on because the temperature stays low, but 3 case fans Im sure helps and the cpu cooler is a brand Ive never used but so far its been good. I never trust stock cpu coolers in general, Ive found they tend to be made cheaper than aftermarket coolers and fail faster. That being said I still have 2 Intel cpu coolers (CPU's are LGA1151 socket) if anyone ever needs one