Boo Discord! Back to TS!

• -LnT-

Discord : Zeus#5259
    R6 / GTAV / Fortnite : Zeus.LnT
    Steam : _ Zeus _

• -LnT-

@Zeus agreed i will pitch in for a teamspeak for sometime just give me the amount!

• @PopeChong

We don't want your dirty whore money.

• I mean, I feel like Discord is not getting the same amount of users. Definitely not more. Could be a transitional period. I'm good with bringing back TS.

• Bring back TS

• Generals

Yes because teamspeak never went down for any reason ever. Nope.

• -LnT-

OK everyone is perhaps taking this too seriously -- Discord went down worldwide while @Cloud and @Sprabuni and I were in a game.

I feel like the switch has greatly increased the number of people, especially newcomers, and I have seen a lot of them become regulars in Siege at least.

/soapbox

• @EvilPanda I'm not sure where you get this idea from. R6 has been more alive than it has been in a while now, and for the first time in a long time we have people applying again.

And to everyone else, I realise some of you prefer TS, I really do, but you have to try to think about what is going to be good for your community. You should want new people to come through and play with. Most of the people you know here are here because we welcome new members. I know it will take time to get used to, but outside of ranks I really am missing the difference y'all are seeing.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• @PopeChong p.s. Thank you very much for your gift. I never got around to getting a hold of you to thank you in person.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• So I honestly think that Discord is 100% better for our community than TS was.. Just this week I've played with roughly 8 new players in Rainbow six. It's amazing how many new people we are picking up! either last night or the night before there was a full Casual channel with all new players! This is exactly what we need for the community especially the Rainbow six side of it. Also it great to be able to chat with the other members. I'm all for Keeping discord over Ts even if that means I give up my little Pfc Rank :(

• I used TS for years. Honestly I loved it and was in the TS camp. Voiced my opinion against Discord and for the longest time I voiced my opinion against Discord. We tried it and after a month or so I have to admit that I enjoy it, and I hate to admit that. I love being able to open an app and see who is on. I enjoy being able to contact the community even if I am away from my computer. Sure, we have the site and the forums, but with Discord... LnT is feeling like a community again. TS is showing it's age and unfortunately, most people are moving away from it. I loved it, but on each of our recruiting posted, people would always ask about discord. It seems like the gaming community is shifting that way.

• #teamspeaklivesmatter

@Hoen that's the strangest misspelling of "drunk" I've ever seen. - Lumberjack

• Security Advisors

Discord has been a great decision, I used to be against it but I opened my eyes and its the preferred choice among most Gamers lately. While i do miss some features of Teamspeak I realize that this is a better route for the community and on the plus side of things i have Enjoyed Discord. That and the Phone app isnt broken..

• Idk where @EvilPanda is getting that idea from but Discord has attracted more new players in the past 2 weeks than I've seen in nearly the past year on teamspeak. It's clearly an easier platform to hop on to, since all you need to do is click a link. Not even 50% of random gamers you'll come across nowadays will have Teamspeak installed. Shit's going the way of Ventrilo.

• Generals

Dont you say that @KyuuuN . Ventrilo will always hold a place in my heart. #40manmoltencore

• -LnT-

I want to echo @Arctic_Nights , for example last night I came back from a New Years party and hopped on my phone and chilled with @CloudStrife5671 and the gang for a bit. Also, we've been using the chat feature when taking meal breaks and such to coordinate when to come back. I do miss some features from the TS, like the member icons and the ability to move people, but I do like the new features Discord offers and I think it's much better for the community health.

• -LnT-

@Zeus It's possible to move people on discord but we have it disabled for members some reason. It would be nice to have on.

• -LnT-

Discord has been good. The population growth on R6 has been great. Back on teamspeak, people were saying LnT is dead, which it kinda was on TS. There would only be like 10 ppl on it.

Just imagine if there was proper recruitment for destiny 2, PUBG, and GTA (where did that go?), the discord will be booming.

Plus... for some reason, there are no more mic spammers anymore?

• -LnT-

Discord has been excellent. The two complaints I have are:

less modding tools for people like myself, that have been members for a while but do not hold any official position within the hierarchy of LNT

the inability to move people

But I think Discord is 110% the better move to aid in the continued growth and survival of LNT as a gaming community. Discord has breathed new life into Siege, which was the game that got me to join in the first place- and while Siege itself is kinda messy and bad atm, the people playing make the rage inducing gameplay worthwhile.

I love the messaging system. I don't personally use the app, but as others mentioned, I think it is super useful if you use to stay connected when you step away from your PC.

The chatrooms allow me to keep up with current events and helps me share in everyone's gaming successes and failures, even if I wasn't actually there. If I ever have a particularly bad week, I can just hop on and spend 15 minutes reading through the chats and stay up to date.

All in all, Discord was for sure the right move, and although i think this post was originally just a joke, I wanna reiterate that I never wanna return to TS.

• @Zeus said in Boo Discord! Back to TS!:

OK everyone is perhaps taking this too seriously -- Discord went down worldwide while @Cloud and @Sprabuni and I were in a game.

I feel like the switch has greatly increased the number of people, especially newcomers, and I have seen a lot of them become regulars in Siege at least.

/soapbox

I second this.

That said the new DLC/season did coincide with our moving to discord - loosely at least.

But I do think that discord is somehow more welcoming or, leads to more.... conversions?..... if thats the right word.

I feel like the newer guys we've had on Siege feel more welcome than ever and as such have stuck around more and are continuing to energize the small community.

• @MajorMoron said in Boo Discord! Back to TS!:

@EvilPanda I'm not sure where you get this idea from. R6 has been more alive than it has been in a while now, and for the first time in a long time we have people applying again.

And to everyone else, I realise some of you prefer TS, I really do, but you have to try to think about what is going to be good for your community. You should want new people to come through and play with. Most of the people you know here are here because we welcome new members. I know it will take time to get used to, but outside of ranks I really am missing the difference y'all are seeing.

Agree 100%