Anybody else play Project Cars 2?

• I just picked it up on humble bundle for $35 and very quickly discovered that I am a terrible racing driver. Every time I changed gear down I spun out. I realize I'll have to learn how to heel-toe in order to be able to downshift while braking.

• -LnT-

It looks interesting, I may have to pick it up when I am able to

• -LnT-

haven't picked it up but I've been looking for a new racing game. Not sure if a sim is the best way for me to get into it.

• @SaltMines

It's definitely a sim-sim game. Meant for people with a wheel, although still playable on controller.

• Been thinking about picking up iRacing again. Nothing beats it, but it is expensive...

• -LnT-

@EvilPanda I really enjoy Assetto Corsa on the Nurburgring Tourist, Its like a track day. El Banditos Server has a couple good servers.

• @UnSafeHairBall

My buddy was trying to talk me into AC but it seemed more focused on race cars. I really like driving street cars.

• -LnT-

I play with a keyboard and I seem to manage fine with racing games

• @MrMushroom

You definitely don't want to waste your money on a sim game if you play on keyboard.

• -LnT-

@lettersnumbers No no theres ALOT of street cars!

• -LnT-

@lettersnumbers Ive played plenty of sims with keyboard, dont really have room for a wheel and pedals honestly, unless I want to block about 50-60% of my screen

• -LnT-

Does any one still play this? It's on sale right now,55% off . Is it worth the price?

• -LnT-

Ive got project cars 1 and its a decent game, I cant see project cars 2 being worse

• @UnSafeHairBall

If you like sim racing yeah. It's hard as fuck at first. Really meant to be played with a wheel.

• -LnT-

Thats why I bought a wheel and pedals, still need to twerk the settings for the wheel to make it respond the way I want though

• @MrMushroom

Yeah there is a lot of tweaking to be done.

• -LnT-

@lettersnumbers

well it seems no matter how high I set the sensitivity in game I still have to turn the wheel more than I want to just to be able to move slightly left or right, sharp corners arent an issue. I know it works with need for speed under cover (although I still have to set the key binds properly) not sure about ats/ets or the crew

• @MrMushroom

What kind of wheel is it? How many degrees of rotation does it have? Did you calibrate it in Windows for the full rotation?

• -LnT-

@lettersnumbers

https://www.amazon.com/Kidsidol-V3II-Racing-Steering-Foldable-PlayStation-3/dp/B079Z5N1V9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523133087&sr=8-1&keywords=pxn+wheel

yes I calibrated it in windows and I get the full rotation out of it its just in Project Cars I have to turn it quite a bit further than I feel I should need to in order to make a slight shift to the left or right

• @MrMushroom

The description says that is a 180 degree wheel. Part of your problem may be just the wheel itself not being very sensitive and the other part may be that the game is used to wheels with 900 degrees of rotation. Is there a setting in project cars for wheel rotation?

• -LnT-

@lettersnumbers its got setting for all kinds of specific wheels except the one I have so its set as a custom wheel. I dont remember right now if there is a setting for wheel rotation but Im pretty sure its the wheel itself, you can almost feel where the wheel starts to register that its being turned, kind of like a car with really loose steering