RAM Overclocking - Help

• Streamers

I bought 16 GB of DDR4 2400 Mz but only run at 2133 Mz anyone ever overclocks his RAM. I switch to XMP boost to 2400 Mz and change the voltage to 2.4 from 2.0. The PC run but there's no display. Thanks for the help.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
    My STAR CITIZEN referral number is: STAR-SD4X-2ZF9

• -LnT-

if the ram is rated for 2400, you shouldn't have to adjust anything, just switch to XMP profile. also, from 2.0 - 2.4 is a pretty large jump... if you have to change the voltage, consider changing it by smaller increments

• -LnT-

xmp should take care of it all. Could you be more specific about the ram? Manufacturer and model? (eg I have 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX 2133) and check the compatability of the ram and motherboard to support overclocking it

• Are you sure your mobo supports that RAM speed? Also if you can't get it to work I wouldn't worry too much, RAM speed has negligible effects on gaming performance.

• Streamers

@EvilPanda Yes, it does.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

• Streamers

@MrMushroom said in RAM Overclocking - Help:

xmp should take care of it all. Could you be more specific about the ram? Manufacturer and model? (eg I have 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX 2133) and check the compatability of the ram and motherboard to support overclocking it

Motherboard:
    ASUS ROG STRIX B250H GAMING

RAM:
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz

• -LnT-

@Vangy
    Due to Intel chipset limitation, DDR4 2133 MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Gen Intel processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133 MHz.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132975&cm_re=ASUS_ROG_STRIX_B250H_GAMING--13-132-975--Product

• -LnT-

Ive got a 7th Gen Intel on a Gigabyte Z170-HD3 rev v1.0 with Vengance LPX 2133 DDR4 2x8GB and I cant even dual channel it with xmp because of the bios, Ive updated it 3 times already and its on the newest version but still unable, now its just a matter of either waiting for another bios update that will support it (which is highly unlikely) or buy a new motherboard

• Senior Server Admin

As Panda said, 2133 to 2400 you will see little difference in gaming performance. I'd say leave it. (though as @MrMushroom said it appears you may not be compatible.