Is your identity now stolen? Use this link to find out, and how to protect yourself!

• I highly recommend anyone from the states look at this link and follow the instructions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/6ysxxf/how_to_tell_if_you_got_equifaxd_and_what_to_do/

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• Banned

For fuck sake, my shit was stolen.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• -LnT-

Got me too.

Is everyone filing a police report? I don't feel like paying to have it frozen.

Discord : Zeus#5259
    R6 / GTAV / Fortnite : Zeus.LnT
    Steam : _ Zeus _

• @Zeus How are you doing that? I dont wanna pay either.

• -LnT-

@MajorMoron

It says in the Reddit post if you file a police report for identity theft you can use that to get it frozen for free?

Discord : Zeus#5259
    R6 / GTAV / Fortnite : Zeus.LnT
    Steam : _ Zeus _

• Banned

@Zeus said in Is your identity now stolen? Use this link to find out, and how to protect yourself!:

@MajorMoron

It says in the Reddit post if you file a police report for identity theft you can use that to get it frozen for free?

You have to upload the documents and it takes time.EDIT: for them to freeze it for free

• Also, be careful. Equifax will offer you a year of free credit monitoring, as long as you sign their forms that also includes a waiver of your right to sue them if your shit is stolen because of the leak.

• Banned

@Biniak They released an updated statement 'clarifying' the waiver of rights (but who knows, because it is STILL in their terms of use/service. The updated Equifax statement can be found here: https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/

"2). NO WAIVER OF RIGHTS FOR THIS CYBER SECURITY INCIDENT
    In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident."

Also @Zeus, you can usually get a copy of 'your' police report for free (if you already reported this incident). If not, you call your local PD's non-emergency phone number (they'll send someone to you) or take a trip down to your local PD and ask to speak to an officer (best method - the officer will like you more).

• -LnT-

Said they dont think I was affected, probably because I already have shit credit