RIP Favela and Yacht

• https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3

They removed the less competitive maps in Ranked (I.E. Plane, House, Hereford, Bartlett, Kanal, and the new map)

And then in casual they are removing Yacht and Favelas COMPLETELY. They said they may rework them down the road, but no guarantees.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• Generals

Wow. This is something I did not expect at all.

Someone posted on reddit earlier today that there's a pixel peek underneath the boat on Yacht. Ubisoft must have seen it and gone "welp, THAT problem will be solved"

• -LnT-

How do they determine if a map is competitive or not? Kind of annoying that they took that many out, gives me less of a reason to play ranked.

At least they realized Yacht and Favela were garbage. Yacht is just boring and Favela is annoying and laggy so hopefully they optimize it before they put it back in.

• @Nate1098 They mirrored the pro league maps for ranked. So if a map is fit to play for the pro players, I guess they deem it good for ranked. Which makes sense to me. Its annoying to have such a small map pool for ranked, but they said they would change it each season.

• -LnT-

I'm actually really sad about favela, i feel like I'm the only one that enjoyed that map but I felt like I understood its meta well.

The removal of non-proleague maps from ranked is annoying as well, I enjoy the map diversity and while some of the maps are more annoying than others, they are mostly fine to play.

• @dixout4harambes

I enjoy Favela as well. Felt like i always played well on it. The whole ranked Maps are kinda Meh... I like Mixing it up but Atleast we know we'll be playing more balanced maps

• -LnT-

I'm happy about the change personally. I won't miss yacht for sure!

Discord : Zeus#5259
    R6 / GTAV / Fortnite : Zeus.LnT
    Steam : _ Zeus _

• -LnT-

I've been out of the loop with Siege, or anything gaming related for a few months tbh. But someone fill me in.

What do they mean by removing these maps from the playlist? As in, you can no longer pick them in games. Like they've completely taken it out of the game until further notice?

• -LnT-

@Treadstone When you queue for ranked Plane, House, Hereford, Bartlett, Kanal, and the new map will no longer be in the map pool and will never be played in Ranked.

Yacht and Favela have been removed entirely.

• Yacht was one of the most balanced maps with attacking and defending being damn near 50/50. They removed the map because the "pros" didn't like the ambient sounds that were all over the map. Really shitty decisions on their part.

• yacht was a complete mess. but favela has its issues too where there are way to many walls to breach and the one split bomb site is a disaster to defend

• -LnT-

@Kenny.Andrade Okay, exactly as I had thought.

I mean agree that a lot of those maps were terrible. I'm okay with the maps being removed from Ranked. But even as much as I really hate Yacht and Favela, removing it entirely from the game... is quite a stretch. That's a very drastic decision. Is that a permanent thing?