New headset??

• @Zeus

I have two of these, one for me, one for mrsletters and we like them a lot. There's a wireless one that @Outlaw45 has as well.

The ones we have come with an assortment of cables and adapters and I haven't had any issues with mine in the year+ that I've had it.

• -LnT-

check your local online listings (craigslist/kijiji) I found a some G35's for 20 bucks. Everything works well.

• If you can find this on sale, I love my cloud revolver.

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Revolver-Headset-HX-HSCR-BK-NA/dp/B01CIEBU54

• -LnT-

This is the one I have (but black with red LED) and it works like magic, just remember for the 7.1 with bass to install the drivers from the disc (and if you unplug it make sure you put it back in the same usb port) and its also the most comfortable headset I have EVER owned

• I have a cloud 2 and it's the best gaming headset I've ever used. The headset is extremely light (but doesn't feel flimsy) and the padding is amazing, it's the only headset I've been able to wear for hours comfortably without clamping pain on my ears. Also the directional sound is amazing; I rely on it literally all the time in rainbow

• I think they go on sale from time to time though.. maybe lurk /r/buildapcsales and try to catch one. I got mine for $69.99 with siege included and sold that copy lol

• @Arctic_Nights how much did you get the revolver for when it was on sale?

• I got the Revolvers also, Bought them on sale for like 80$ :D Really light and comfy one of my favorite headsets so far.

• Rainbow 6 Players

@KyuuuN Around Christmas I got it for 90 bucks from amazon

• -LnT-

If i'm looking to get one of the hyperx headsets for rainbow six, should i get the cloud 2s or wait for the hyperx cloud alpha pro (relase on 9/25) ? I'm not too familiar with head sets

Here is the newer ones to be released later this month, but it doesn't do surround sound unless you buy the extra USB adatpter (sold separately) https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Headset-Nintendo-HX-HSCA-RD-AM/dp/B074NBSF9N

The one thing it seems to be different is it has inline volume adjuster.

• -LnT-

@Bill-Scoldberg welcome back to the community Bill! As far as headphones go, you're going to want to look at what's comfortable for you, tbh. Most pros play on earbuds like 24/7 and those don't really offer any kind of surround features. As far as the Clouds go, the 1s don't have surround but the 2s do. And the Revolver is top of the list for gaming headphones right now so I'm pretty sure no matter which one you pick up from HyperX you're going to get a great deal.

Don't know if this matters to you, but the microphones on those are all super clear and sound amazing as well.

For waiting on the new ones, you're welcome to wait until they release, but then you'll probably have to wait even longer for some solid reviews. There's ALWAYS going to be something new coming out.

• -LnT-

Thanks for the information Salt.

Why do pros play w/o surround sound features? I thought surround sound headsets are a must to help with localizing game sounds. I just assumed I SHOULD get a surround sound headset.

Also, speaking of the Hyperx revolver S. What is the main practical difference between that and the cloud 2, besides the physical design? they both do surround sound.

• -LnT-

@Bill-Scoldberg Pros are required to play with Earbuds for LAN because the headsets that they wear are actually just noise canceling and don't produce game sound. So that's why they practice with it anyway. As far as the Revolver goes, I'm not certain, probably has to do with the type of surround sound offered and then the type of fit