Thoughts on schedule/scheduled game nights?

• All,

Full disclosure - I'm old and grumpy and have limited time for gaming. As much as I enjoy speaking with all the guys here and have enjoyed playing Siege with you all the reality is I just haven't found the time to play as much with LNT as I'd like. I'm partly to blame there but seeing the announcement about taking up donations gave me sort of an idea - one I'm sure you've all had before.

Why is there no schedule? No calendar? I feel like my life operates out of my google calendar and if for example I knew some guys I've played Siege with were gonna be on playing on a particular night - that would make things a lot easier for me to plan ahead and say okay I can get XYZ done before Wednesday night because I know the LNT guys that I enjoy playing with are gonna be on at 8pm EST on Wednesday. Does that make sense?

I'll even up the ante - I'll donate MONTHLY to cover some of the cost of teamspeak and the website. Just get some scheduled gaming nights together so us old folks can coordinate our lives better around gaming nights. I mean, more people should take up the cause to donate monthly anyhow so perhaps I can kick off that movement, I don't know. Regardless, I feel like I'd get a lot more out of being here with LNT if I had a scheduled gaming night to play - multiple preferably. I feel like others would sort of rally around those scheduled times too besides just me. And the calendar should definitely be posted in some public place on the site.

Nothing revolutionary I know but I think about the group a decent amount when I'm yearning for a game of Siege or want to do a GTA Heist and I just think if we can align people's schedules more it would be helpful. And then people like me would be willing to contribute to the servers and voila - everyone's happy :)

Thanks for taking the time, as always.

-Keller

• Generals

I will see what @nuchin can cook up

• This clan is very much like how the old r/wargame teamspeak use to play. People would just jump on teamspeak, see who is on, and play with a group they find. When I started playing Arma, I found a lot of clans created events to manage getting a large number of people to play together. Then there is the IMing of people in chat looking for a game.

Maybe we could try creating a "prime time" system where people will agree to come on at a certain time for a certain game. There would have to be some kind of benefit to creating one of these time periods but I am not sure what. This would let what exactly happens stay fluid and get people in sync.

• I run a Sunday Cards against humanity didn't go last sunday because I was camping and this sunday I will be moving.

@Hoen that's the strangest misspelling of "drunk" I've ever seen. - Lumberjack

• Streamers

@mkeller25 , you can always use the forum as a means to capture that want for a scheduled playdate.

I've done that a bunch for getting people into a tabletop simulator sessions. And how @sisno100 has his CAH games going strong for a while now (except the last two weeks I guess =P)

Just post up in a game's subforum detailing when you'll be around, and you'll likely get a solid response out of it.

Go away Biniak
    www.twitch.tv/h0en
    "tongue clicks of approval" -TheLumberjack // "Ooo look at me. I'm Hoen and I have 'Objective Evidence'" -TheLumberjack

• Generals

I embedded a Google Calendar into www.lntgamers.com/calendar . Would something like that suffice for now? Who would be managing this calendar?

We have Events groups (officer and NCOs) for @oNGrinD , @Jongles and @angelseeker .

• Generals

@nuchin I smell an opportunity for @EvilPanda's department, possibly with a new NCO appointment for it. :)

• @Rafael09ED said in Thoughts on schedule/scheduled game nights?:

This clan is very much like how the old r/wargame teamspeak use to play. People would just jump on teamspeak, see who is on, and play with a group they find. When I started playing Arma, I found a lot of clans created events to manage getting a large number of people to play together. Then there is the IMing of people in chat looking for a game.

Maybe we could try creating a "prime time" system where people will agree to come on at a certain time for a certain game. There would have to be some kind of benefit to creating one of these time periods but I am not sure what. This would let what exactly happens stay fluid and get people in sync.

My only Caveat there is that we dont really have a hangout/chill lobby in TS - well, we do have one but I've never seen it used much (keep in mind I'm not active every day in TS)

But still, even today I find myself with a rare case of empty time and no one to play anything with and... no one's in TS Lobby :(

• @Hoen said in Thoughts on schedule/scheduled game nights?:

@mkeller25 , you can always use the forum as a means to capture that want for a scheduled playdate.

I've done that a bunch for getting people into a tabletop simulator sessions. And how @sisno100 has his CAH games going strong for a while now (except the last two weeks I guess =P)

Just post up in a game's subforum detailing when you'll be around, and you'll likely get a solid response out of it.

Yeah I suppose. I tend to be more along the lines of like... well there's some cool people I kinda know and they are playign XYZ so that might be fun and go do that.

I can try to organize some sessions on the forums but that isn't really what I was thinking. I was thinking more of like... okay Clan Stunt Race night on GTAV at X time. Or, Rainbow Six Siege Clan night. The attempt would be to pull more than just a few folks who don't even know who I am. The attempt would be to sort of centralize it and get a good group together so that more people get to know one another and such.

I dunno - I get what you're saying though, and I should try that.

• @nuchin said in Thoughts on schedule/scheduled game nights?:

I embedded a Google Calendar into www.lntgamers.com/calendar . Would something like that suffice for now? Who would be managing this calendar?

We have Events groups (officer and NCOs) for @oNGrinD , @Jongles and @angelseeker .

That is all I'm looking for yes. Do I have to contact one of these kind folks to get any events added?

• -LnT-

I think the calendar idea is good hopefully people use it. I just checked and there seems to be a whole bunch of people in GTAV and at least 2 people in the casual lobby in rainbowsix. The only time I have a hard time finding people is late at night.

• @nuchin said in Thoughts on schedule/scheduled game nights?:

Also we need to raise awareness of it - direct new members there to "see whats happening in LnT" or something.

I think its a really good icebreaker and a way for someone like myself who's been here for awhile to sort of branch out and start meeting more LnT folks. I mean... I'm willing to play just about anything but I need to know what people are playing and when kinda so I can work it into my schedule.

• Generals

We haven't had any Events recently and I know one of those folks said they're taking a long-term hiatus. We'd probably have to readjust who is in what role, etc.

I created the calendar and created that page just last night. There is no content to raise awareness of. Let's lay some groundwork, create the appropriate support / organization, have an event or two scheduled, then we can raise awareness of it.

• Generals

That group was disbanded a awhile ago. No one was active.

So it does have open position..

@EvilPanda is its moderator.. and we should get it touch with him on this.

• Yo, Evil Panda here!
    0_1469829526864_maxresdefault (3).jpg

• I don't know how this would work out, but we could try creating multi-clan events. For example, LnT could play with another clan on their teamspeak for an event, and they could join ours for an event. This way we could expand who knows about us, and have fun playing with different people.

• @Rafael09ED kinda like the ye old clan wars from the 90s early 2000s

• @sisno100
    I was not online then, so I can't say

• The days of microsoft gaming zone and game spy, young one.