How to hear usernames entering your channel, while using female default soundpack in TeamSpeak 3

• Generals

We've all been in a game when someone joins your channel and we all say "Hello user...". Then those who have 2nd screens or overlays has to tell everyone who joined. After searching online, most sites tell you to switch to the 'text-to-speech' sound pack but then you hear almost everything going on in the server.

By making a few changes to my settings.ini file, I was able to use the female sound pack but use text-to-speech to hear exactly who joins my channel now!

WARNING - backup your settings.ini before making any changes, in case you mess up the file

Steps

1. Open your Explorer to c:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default (depending on your installation directory)

2. Back up settings.ini

3. Edit settings.ini in a text editor of your choice

4. To hear usernames when users join your channel, change:

CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_APPEARS = play("${clientType}_switched_tocurrentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS   = play("${clientType}_switched_tocurrentchannel.wav")

TO:

#CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_APPEARS = play("${clientType}_switched_tocurrentchannel.wav")
        #CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS   = play("${clientType}_switched_tocurrentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_APPEARS = say("${clientname} joined your channel")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_TO_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS  = say("${clientname} joined your channel")

To hear usernames when users leave your channel, change:

CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_DISAPPEARS = play("${clientType}_switched_awayfromcurrentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS = play("${clientType}_switched_awayfromcurrentchannel.wav")

TO:

#CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_DISAPPEARS = play("${clientType}_switched_awayfromcurrentchannel.wav")
        #CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS      = play("${clientType}_switched_awayfromcurrentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_DISAPPEARS = say("${clientname} left your channel")
        CLIENT_SWITCHED_FROM_CURRENT_CHANNEL_STAYS      = say("${clientname} left your channel")

To hear usernames when users disconnect from the server, in your channel, change:

CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = play("${clientType}_connection_disconnected_currentchannel.wav")

TO:

#CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = play("${clientType}_connection_disconnected_currentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = say("${clientname} disconnected from your channel")

To hear usernames when users connect to the server and auto-join your channel, change:

CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = play("${clientType}_connection_connected_currentchannel.wav")

TO:

#CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = play("${clientType}_connection_connected_currentchannel.wav")
        CLIENT_CONNECTION_CONNECTED_CURRENT_CHANNEL = say("${clientname} joined your channel")

1. Save settings.ini and restart your TeamSpeak.

2. Enjoy hearing usernames for JUST the channel you're in!

• -LnT-

@nuchin Wow that's helpful thanks, bud

Will do anything for a cookie.

• For some reason, mine is George Takei. Oh myyyyy

• Streamers

I was looking for something like this I will take a deep look at this latter. ;) Thanks

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
    My STAR CITIZEN referral number is: STAR-SD4X-2ZF9

• -LnT-

That sounds really cool. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

• if TS does a version upgrade will the settings file be written over and have to make this fix again @nuchin ?

• Generals

@lootqqj good question. That, I don't know the answer to.

• Streamers

Well we see at the next update of TS.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

• Streamers

Teamspeak just releases an update is that still work?

• @Vangy it should still work, but you'll have to redo it if you haven't already.

• Streamers

I edited the file and made a backup of the "setting" still doesn't work. :/