Squads new permission

• Generals

@LnT-Members
    @R6-Zero
    Good new to those who have a squad We will be creating an area in our teamspeak Just for you.

What does this mean?

• One squad channel on request (24 hours to put up)
    • pre request set limitation on max users. (24 hours to put up)
      -No pubbers allowed in those channels. If pubbers are seen your channel will be removed only warning.
      -Join power is set to 1. This will stop all guest from joining it.
      -Only allowed for Scrims or ESL matches. other uses will not be tolerated.
      -Guest will not be able to poke you during games.

This will allow your squad the extra peace of mind while playing competitive matches for ESL and so on.

If you are practicing or looking for a potential new squad member use another channel for that.

changes made may-26-16

• Good idea

• @hookey6 Squads? What game is this for, I am confused.

• -LnT-

@crazyskatman On the Navbar Categories > LnT Squads

• Generals

@crazyskatman
    http://lntgamers.com/category/52/lnt-squads

we allow our members who want to be competitive to be so. We offer them the ability to create a squad and give them a area in the squads that they can only see inside.

so they can plan the next event, ESL ranks. tips and tricks and poiters per match. They can use it how they see fit.

We now allow them to have a permanent channel that is password protected and subscriber set to 70. Thus lower ranking people will not be able to see who is in the channel

• Generals

modify as of right now..

no passwords however, a perm channel with your squad name on it.

• Generals

as of right now this is on freeze.. somethings have come up.. hold on and we can work on this.

If you have thoughts let us know. thanks

• -LnT-

Yea idk what constitutes "low ranking" but 2nd Lt. With Mod 2 can't subscribe to them :/

• Generals

yea anything under mod 5 or general.. however, its not really low ranking just a vage work.. as of right now we are working on this in the background and it might change.. so if you have ideas lets us know.. However, Even that can change.

we are working on details tonight

• Generals

lol i see people took away their pluses to this post.. lol sorry guy we will be talking about this. i might have more for you tomorrow night.

• Member Relations NCO

@hookey6 What's stopping members from staying in the channel all day everyday? How would we get people to come out of their channels to play with randoms who join TS and want to play with other LnT members to scope it out? Just a thought.

• I believe the hope is that these squad channels will be strictly for competitive play and then outside of competitive play the channels will be left empty. But your question is definitely a valid one. @Mr-Wonderful

• Generals

Thank you for your point. The thought was it was mainly competition matches. ESL. So on

Not daily use.

• Member Relations NCO

@hookey6 Of course. But what's stopping people from abusing it? Will these channels be locked until an ESL match starts or will it be made by players who can freely move in and out?

Edit - I'm guessing it's going to be based off good faith that it's not abused.

• Generals

Good faith. Also I can see Thierry boards and know when squad zeros next ranked matchs is... :p

And yes I will check from time to time. But mostly by good faith.

• Generals

Again great questions keep them coming.

. PW channels was nixed. But we are looking at other ideas. That might help.

Also we are right now talking about allowing all members to see whose in the channels but limiting the ability to poke them in said channel.

All pubbers and guests would not see people in those channels..

Just ideas. What's your thought @Mr-Wonderful?

• Member Relations NCO

@hookey6 So why not just make a special ESL competitive channel and give a special ESL tag in TS? So that they can be in said channel and have it blocked off from others. To me a pubber or guest coming into TS and not being able to see people on would probably make them believe it's a dead TS.

Why not a ESL CYO Channel in the members area at the bottom of TS. So if pubbers and guests come and they scroll down they can see the members but can't join them. From when I was a pubber/guest I couldn't poke so that shouldn't be an issue. If it's on good faith for members to not interrupt a ESL channel that's hidden they should know not to message/poke anyone in the members area at the bottom to get someones attention. Just my 2 cents for now.

• -LnT-

@Mr-Wonderful Currently with OW we're averaging over 100 people on TS, 5 people hidden in a channel during an ESL Match isn't going to make people think it's a dead TS... even without OW we still have enough visible members to clearly display that our Teamspeak is active.

• Generals

that is true guest can not poke but they can private message. i do not think I can stop them from private messaging ..

so yea you are bringing some good light to this. however, If member are going to take ESL competitively they will want to have a board so they can organize their websites/match dates so on.

I would have to agree with your point on letting guest being able to see people down in squad area..

• Member Relations NCO

@Kenny.Andrade said:

@Mr-Wonderful Currently with OW we're averaging over 100 people on TS, 5 people hidden in a channel during an ESL Match isn't going to make people think it's a dead TS... even without OW we still have enough visible members to clearly display that our Teamspeak is active.

True. But OW is just 1 channel. What about R6 or GTA? OW right now is a new game so it's going to be popular. A LOT less people play those games right now than OW.

I'm just giving my 2 cents. I'm not trying to say the TS will die or anything. Sorry if it came across that way.

• Generals

56 people in OW :P

but yea I do not think your message came across that way.