One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

• Generals

windows 10 64bit
    Intel(R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection

tried for drivers
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/41676/Intel-82583V-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller
    could not find it on website.. :(

motherboard
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/HelpDesk_QVL/

help...

• tried a few things..
    • turning off and back on computer..
    • troubleshooting it..
    • disabling Ethernet and reconnecting
    • Internet protocol version 4 (tp/IPv4) using the following DNS address: per 8.8.8.8 alt 8.8.4.4
    • Internet protocol version 4 diableing netbios over tcp/ip then after reboot putting it back to default.
      -C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset c:\restlog.txt

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset c:\restlog.txt
    Resetting Global, OK!
    Resetting Interface, OK!
    Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
    Resetting Neighbor, OK!
    Resetting Path, OK!
    Resetting , failed.
    Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!
    Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

-cant find drivers online only tool kit that does not work.. help..

• Senior Server Admin

try downloading and install the windows 7 drivers for that board...

Also, try running the following in cmd to reset the nic and stuff...

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

Has anything changed? Windows update? Etc... if so, uninstall the most recent windows updates.

• Streamers

I had this a month or so ago. iirc I just uninstalled ipv4 and reinstalled it. After troubleshooting a bunch.

Go away Biniak
    www.twitch.tv/h0en
    "tongue clicks of approval" -TheLumberjack // "Ooo look at me. I'm Hoen and I have 'Objective Evidence'" -TheLumberjack

• Generals

who did you uninstall it? it wont let me

• Generals

reverted to previous . install

big fuck me.. now I don't have net and I cant use administration because no God dam net..

• Generals

problem resolved.. magic.. static worked

• This happened to me a little while ago as well. As stupid as it sounds all I actually had to do was restart my router cause nothing actually changed in my computer to make it happen.

• Streamers

My bad Hook didn't mean to leave you hangin' IDK how I didn't notice the thread update...But I guess you're sorted now eh?

Go away Biniak
    www.twitch.tv/h0en
    "tongue clicks of approval" -TheLumberjack // "Ooo look at me. I'm Hoen and I have 'Objective Evidence'" -TheLumberjack

• Senior Server Admin

i was working with hookey to troubleshoot...the issue had to do with his dhcp reservations with the dhcp server (router)..not sure what the problem was, hook seemed happy enough once we assigned a static IP and everything started to work.

• Generals

Router is taking a dump.. :( can not reboot router or connect to it.. however it is allowing me to bypass right out.

except plex and WiFi going in and out often.. lol new one coming Thursday night. :)

• Streamers

Oh yeah couldn't agree more. Static IP is best mode.

Go away Biniak
    www.twitch.tv/h0en

• There are tools you can download (be wary and skeptical), then there’s the “netcfg -d” command in command prompt that can fix the issue for you. You can also tweak your NetBIOS and Firewall or Antivirus to get it to work. Here: http://errorcodespro.com/fix-one-more-network-protocols-missing-windows-computer/ I found this helpful guide you can check out..

• -LnT-

I had an asus router that went bad. even after formatting it and reinstalling it's bios system by direct connecting my laptop to it and using their specific software it wouldnt work. the best part about it was that asus told me to update the firmware and thats what destroyed it. I called them and raised hell about that and was told to go fuck myself.

• Holy mother of necro post guys.

I'm the guy that will be in a 1v5 clutch scenario and fall off the roof and die.

• Streamers

ThreadNecromancer.png

Go away Biniak
    www.twitch.tv/h0en

• Senior Server Admin

lol hoen, but yea, the point is moot...the issue was the router was dying, had nothing to do with windows and certainly not netbios (which should be disabled anyway)